- 150g caramelised biscuits (i.e. Lotus; not the gooey ones)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 300g full-fat cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 125g caster sugar
- 450ml double cream
- 2-3 standard shots of Amaretto Liquer (I used Disaronno)
- 100g amaretti biscuits, (roughly crushed cave-man style)
- 1.5 tins of pear quarters (chopped into small cubes ~1cm)
- 70% cocoa dark chocolate
This cheesecake is one of my most favourite one’s to make, because it’s not too sweet at all and the double cream makes the filling really light; so you won’t get that full fat over-kill feeling.
Also, the pears soak up the amaretto and adds a refreshing yet alcoholic (depending how much amaretto you add) crunch to it.
Do yourself a favour, make this one at home and you will never buy a cheesecake from a store again.