When it comes to baking/cooking, I won’t do it unless it requires minimal effort.
This Amaretto and Pear Cheesecake Recipe is my secret weapon.
Super easy, no cooking required. Perfect.
What you will need:
- 150g caramelised biscuits (i.e. Lotus; not the gooey ones)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 300g full-fat cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 125g caster sugar
- 450ml double cream
- 2-3 standard shots of Amaretto Liquer (I used Disaronno)
- 100g amaretti biscuits, (roughly crushed cave-man style)
- 1.5 tins of pear quarters (chopped into small cubes ~1cm)
- 70% cocoa dark chocolate
1. For the base: toss the 50g of unsalted butter and the caramelised biscuits into a food processor and blitz. Then tip the mixture into a 24cm springform cake tin, and press it down gently. Send it to the refrigerator to set.
2. For the filling: whisk the cream cheese and sugar until it’s well blended, and then add in the double cream and amaretto liquer (have a swig of liquer yourself as well) and whisk away to form soft peaks. Fold in the the crushed ameretti biscuits and chopped tinned pears.
Have a taste of your filling and add more liquer if you’re feeling naughty (this always happens to me).
3. Spooning:] Spoon out the filling and dollop on top of the biscuit base.
4. Chill: Leave your cheesecake in the refrigerator until it sets, so approximately 1 hour.
5. Decorate: (Optional) Since I didn’t have a grater and I used a sharp knife and shaved