Liebster is German for beloved, sweetest, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by other bloggers, to help share, expand their network and most importantly to encourage newbies.
One must post up 11 things about oneself.
The blogger who has been nominated should have less than 200 followers.
One must answer all the questions the nominator has set, and then conjure up their own 11 questions for the blogs one nominates.
Choose 5+ blogs to nominate and then link them to one’s blog.
Go tell them, they have been nominated!
11 things about Yummei
used to be a massive tomboy when I was younger, so much that I lived in my
Umbro/Adidas top and shorts; and I had bleeding/scabbed up knees all the
freaking time. I was a sexy sight.
am incredibly clumsy and have ZERO balance. For those who know me, I fall/trip
up over my own feet a lot.
12 year old sister is mentally more mature than me.
allergic to Kiwis (the fruit, not the people haha); so if you come near me with
one, I will kill you.
5. I LOVE
all things sweet and salty ;]
6. I watch
too many cartoons; too much that I would quote things in my day-to-day
conversations and assume everyone know’s what I’m talking about. This is how I know it’s
getting out of hand.
7. I can be really shy…
8. I hate routine, and will do things on a whim just because life is more exciting that way.
am told that when I talk/think about food, I pull something people call my ‘fat
face.’ I don’t really know what it looks like. So, I’m going to assume it’s
can’t swim, but I can float. Winning.
11. I have a degree in Biomedical Sciences from UCL. So my chat up lines are usually a variation of ‘I’m a Scientist,
let’s go back to mine so I can examine your anatomy…’ ;] hahahah ok, I haven’t
actually used that line ever, but if I do; I would totally get all the babes.
I am a huge monster, with an insatiable stomach and I need the world to
know what a hippo I am!
In reality my blog was an escape from writing my dissertation during my
final year of university, where I can share my food finds with everyone, so my
writing style is pretty colloquial and informal.
2. Favourite post that you have ever written?
ooo… erm maybe my Burger and Lobster post, that
one seems to bring everyone the most joy.
3. Top 3 Favourite books that you have ever read?
This is just from the top of my head, I read alot…
1. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Developmental Origins of Disease by Gluckman and Hanson
It has got to be London, nothing really compares.
5. When I grow up I want to write a blog as cool as……
The Londoner ahha
To fleet around the world, eat at restaurants/cafes/street food vendors and
write magazine reviews about it. So basically a glorified food critic.
Or writing for a Men’s Magazine – hahaha. Here’s to dreaming haha.
Shoes. I have so many pairs, that even my mum is starting to steal them.
My bed, cartoons, and snack food. Total bliss.
Eat less deep fried food. But it’s just so god damn irresistible.
Nothing, I find it really hard to eat in the early morning. Bad I know, but if
I’m forced I will eat some sort of fruit; probably a Satsuma.
Maple syrup, I put it on everything.
Now it’s time for me to spread the love ;] In no particular order…
Ji and Will from Reel-Hungry
Angela and Clarissa from Pretty and Tasty
Ele from Cake Over The World
Dina from Rate My Bistro
Arya from London Flaneur
My Questions for you guys:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favourite dessert?
3.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
4. What would be your dream job if money were no object?
5. Where would be your perfect holiday destination ?
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, and could only bring ONE tool; what would it be? (No you can’t say a satellite phone)
7. What is/was your favourite cartoon?
8. What is the one materialistic item that you just simply cannot live without?
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
10. What is your all time favourite Disney movie?
11. If you could trade lives with someone/something/creature for one day – who would he/she/it be?