To name a few – the baobab fruit can aid with:
- Energy – the reduction of tiredness and fatigue due to the great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Stress – it helps with the maintenance of normal blood pressure due to the potassium content.
- Immune System – as an aid to maintain and strengthen the normal functioning of the immune system, due to the source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Digestive Health/Metabolism – the rich calcium content helps to contribute to the normal functioning of digestive enzymes thus invigorating metabolisms.
- Weight Management – the baobab is 50% fibre, and a high source for Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium, Thiamin (Vitamin B1) and Vitamin B6. Plus one 4.5g serving contains only 12kcal.
The advantage to consuming soluble fibre is that it attracts water and breaks down during passage through the digestive tract and forms a gel which slows down digestion. The soluble fibre delays the emptying of your stomach, and makes you feel full which helps to control your weight.
- Skin health and aging – It has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of 24,300 this high capacity of antioxidants help to protect our cells from oxidative stress ( free radical damage) and the Vitamin C content helps to contribute to the formation of collagen in skin.
I decided to trial the powder for ~3weeks.
If you are lazy/unable to force someone to juice your fruits or blend you a smoothie, you can just add it to your pre-made juice, sprinkle on your muesli or even make pina coladas with it [cheeky ;)] etc.
Use your imagination and conjure up your own potion.
However I did find that I had to vigorously stir/shake it in or the powder will clump together and form unattractive lumps at the bottom of my glass.
So add the powder to alittle liquid and stir it in thoroughly before topping up your glass to avoid clump-age, or if you have some time blitz it in with your smoothie ingredients or even better shake it into a cocktail!
What I noticed
- Energy/ Digestive Health/Weight Management- If I am feeling tired, when I did take Baobab I surprisingly do instantly feel more energised and refreshed. Moreover, it satisfied my appetite over a longer period of time than normal meaning that I could work/play for longer without having to have my regular snack breaks.
- Stress/Skin health – I am someone who breaks out into spots when I am stressed, and most recently I have had to deal with extended periods of stress and anger.
Normally I would see a huge, mammoth spot shamelessly posing right in the middle of my forehead, however during my trial of the Baobab powder I have noticed that I have remained spot-free. What is this sorcery?!?
- Immune System/Metabolism – I don’t think that I have trialed this product long enough to notice anything particularly striking about my Immune System/Metabolism levels.
However, I would consider Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder a luxury item as it is quite expensive, although it is a hugely versatile product and most significantly did make a difference in increasing my energy levels and minimalising tiredness, and made me feel full for longer. So, if that is something you would enjoy experiencing in your day to day life, then by all means go forth and purchase.
Baobab powder is available in 3 ways:
1) Aduna Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder (loose powder) 170g – £17.99
2) Aduna Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder (30 x 4,5g stick packets) – £24.99
3) Aduna Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder Capsules (90 x 500mg) – £22.99
Available in Planet Organic, Harrods, The Nutri Centre, John, Bell and Croyden Store, Wholefoods Market Kensington and Revital Stores.
The Aduna website – www.aduna.com
2)Aduna Press Release Leaflets
3)Physiology -Pocock and Richards